At Emerio, we are building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable team. With a culture that embraces these values and a diverse team already in place, we aspire to create opportunities for women and people of color at all levels of our company. We are looking for team members who embrace these values and strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
Summary: The Senior Accountant will work closely with the Controller and other accounting team members to ensure day-to-day accounting activities are completed timely and to the highest of standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate diplomatically and effectively with others including staff, clients and partners.
- Prepare or review accounts payable vendor invoices and related weekly check run.
- Review, process, and follow up with employees for reimbursement of employee purchases.
- Prepare or review in-house charges (mileage logs and printer/plotter charges).
- Review credit card entries and reconciliation to monthly statements.
- Prepare or review bank statement and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Prepare or review journal entries as needed.
- Review set up of new employee records in accounting and payroll systems.
- Oversee preparation of semi-monthly payroll ensuring all necessary updates are completed timely and accurately.
- Review payroll and payroll entries.
- Monitor and respond to state compliance requirements.
- Prepare, review and analyze monthly close and financial reporting.
- Assist in financial statement budget preparation.
- Assist in preparation of overhead and billing rate schedules.
- Assist in tax workpapers preparation.
- Assist in overhead audits and financial compilation reporting.
- Assist in any necessary accounting software implementations and process/procedure changes.
- Prepare any requested custom/ad-hoc reports either in accounting software and/or Excel.
- Set up new project records in accounting software and network folders.
- Review client and sub-consultant contracts and set up contract parameters (budgets, billing type, billing terms) in the accounting software.
- Maintain/update/track project budgets as needed.
- Communicate with clients and sub-consultants regarding invoices and collections, budgets, and contract authorizations.
- Prepare and review monthly invoicing with assistance from Project Managers.
- Help Project Managers understand their project’s financial status.
- Train and supervise staff in accounting procedures and the use of accounting software.
- Create and maintain organizational processes to ensure efficient planning and time management.
- Attend staff meetings and project meetings when applicable.
- Additional items may be required as necessary.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific to this role: A strong work ethic and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is required.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and 4 years of accounting experience; or equivalent combination or education and experience. High level of accounting training, technical accounting skills, and knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) desired.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common instructions or documents. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to interact effectively with others.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Analytical thinking and understanding cause/effect in relation to project financial status is required.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office, network drives, email, and internet browsers, as well as advanced knowledge of Excel and financial management/accounting software, such as Deltek Ajera or another similar program.
Certificates and Licenses: Valid Driver’s License required; CPA licensure preferred.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. It is a fast-paced work environment which requires the ability to prioritize and respond quickly to requests.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Work often requires repetitive movements of hands, wrists and fingers. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Send application materials to [email protected]