Summary: The purpose and goal of this role is to support the Emerio Public Works Design team through continual communication and workflow to create a greater level of consistency and improve our reliability externally. This position is responsible to perform administrative and clerical duties for multiple projects and multiple Project Managers within the Public Works department. The Project Assistant must possess good communication skills, knowledge of company services offered, and be able to both take direction from and give direction to others.
Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Functions as liaison between Public Works and other departments from initial client communication, to proposal, to contracting and insurance, to scheduling and additionally contributing to the AR process.
- Clearly communicates with clients, management and staff in email, MS Teams, and verbally as to project status and expectations.
- Use network drives, email, MS Teams and online submittals as dictated by project requirements. Operates standard office equipment efficiently including computer, printer and copy machine.
- Support Project Managers administratively in internal tasks, client communication and submittals.
- Coordinate with Project Managers, clients, and subconsultants to ensure we have scopes and agreements and insurance certificates in place and project accountant is aware of outsourced work.
- Support in the proposal and contracting process including collaborating with the Project Managers and Marketing department, as needed.
- Track individual project schedules (MS Excel and Project) to assist in staffing effort support.
- Assist department leaders to track mid-term and long-term staffing needs. This may include verification of project contract information and schedule as applied to the accounting system (Ajera).
- Track construction documentation, including, but not limited to RFIs, shop drawing submittals, design revisions, and inspection reports.
- Be readily available to react quickly, when requested. Time management and organizational skills are necessary.
- Assist department leaders to sort through resumes, recommend qualified candidates, schedule interviews, and follow-up with candidates.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, contracts, insurance documents and policy manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to maintain constant communication flow to multiple departments regarding multiple projects effectively and efficiently. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common instructions or documents.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to interpret and communication accounting documentation.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, Microsoft Excel, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Outlook. Knowledge of MS Project is preferred.
Certificates and Licenses: Valid Driver’s License.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To apply: send resume and cover letter to [email protected]